Marino is seeking a driven communications professional to fill the role of Assistant Account Executive within our land use and public policy practice.
- Day-to-day task management for account teams, including ensuring that all client deliverables are tracked and deadlines are conveyed both internally and externally
- Create initial drafts of agendas for client meetings and calls and, subsequently, write up and circulate notes following these meetings
- Under the guidance and supervision of senior team members, begin to liase with clients on relevant items
- Provides any additional administrative support to team as required, including scheduling meetings
- Monitor for media coverage for all client accounts, circulating coverage to internal and external teams as directed by supervisor
- Drive clipping process for all client accounts, including creating clip books as needed
- Continually build and maintain media lists for account teams
- Liase with media outlets to obtain editorial calendars and lists of speaking opportunities; ensure that these speaking and editorial calendar opportunities are being pursued in a timely manner
- Under the guidance and supervision of senior team members, manage reactive media requests and proactively pitch out client announcement and initiatives
- Begin cultivating relationships with reporters
- Work closely with mid- and senior-level team members to draft written material for accounts including, but not limited to, press releases and pitch notes
- Assist with social media content creation and community engagement
- Develop knowledge of client’s industry, business goals and overall competitive landscape through trade publications and desktop research
- With guidance, collate information and content needed for client reports and presentations
- Contribute creative ideas and tactics to client account plans
- Work with relevant members of management to proactively set professional goals and identify areas for self-improvement –assisting with the creation of a plan to track against goals and demonstrate growth;
- Offer overall support to team Marino, including maintaining a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interest in public relations
- Excellent writing, research and communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn and be proactive, and a strong work ethic
- A prior internship in public relations/communications and / or interest in digital media a plus.
Marino is a communications agency that delivers data-driven, fully integrated strategies focused on amplifying impressions, changing perceptions and fostering high-level relationships to build brands. We create custom earned, owned and paid programs that support our clients’ business and organizational objectives.
The markets we serve include real estate, lifestyle, nonprofit, technology / innovation and professional services. Our representations run the gamut from global Fortune 100 companies to local neighborhood businesses and groups.